Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Review: Lupicia Strawberry Vanilla (Ichigo BANIRA)

Another of my Japan discoveries. This was, I think, the second tea I bought from Lupicia, although I honestly can't remember. Which is a little sad, since I only bought five different kinds while I was there. In some order I don't remember. Anyways, I drank my first 50g bag, and bought another before I left Japan. And I don't know why.

This tea... this tea confuses me so much. Pre-brewing, it smells exactly like strawberry Pocky. Brewed, it smells like strawberry Pocky with a hint of green tea. It even has a distinct strawberry Pocky aftertaste (kind of chalky). But it does not taste like strawberry Pocky.

I don't know what it tastes like, really. It's not strawberry, it's not vanilla, it's not even green tea. It's a bit sweet. It would make a good dessert tea. That's all I can give you.

As for quality, I have yet to be disappointed by Lupicia on that front. Aesthetically pleasing and user friendly. Reasonably flavorful, but that may not be beneficial in this case.

Overall: three stars. Unusual is not always an endorsement, but it is, at least, interesting.

No comments: